Welcome Message from Stephen Alubbe, Librarian KTVC
Welcome to the KTVC Library where we provide comprehensive resources and services in line with the research, training, and learning needs of the KTVC community. As a library we seek to inculcate a reading culture that can be used both within the college environment and beyond. We believe in the enhancing of our knowledge through proper and directed reference to information sources. Our vision is to be a hub and a centre which provides user centered information materials to all the KTVC community so as to produce an enlightened user who will transform their industry.
To provide library and information centre services through circulation, reader services and digital materials.
The KTVC Library came into existence in the year 2019. As a library it preserves and provides access to a rich, diverse and enduring sources of knowledge to inform, inspire and engage users in their intellectual and creative endeavors.
We are guided by our objectives as follows:
- Seek to identify user needs and ensure the library services meets those needs.
- Provide information materials relevant to the curriculum of training at the college.
- Provide reading space for library users.
- Acquire and conserve research materials.
- Maintain a digital library to enhance current technologies.
The KTVC library has a collection that can be accessed in person. The library is open to all current registered trainees, trainers and all members of staff. All registered members must clear with the library at expiry of their membership.
- Silence should be strictly observed as a courtesy to other library users.
- Food, drinks, wet umbrellas and any other materials that might damage library materials or property should not be brought to the library.
- Stealing and attempting to steal library property is an offence. The offenders, if caught, will pay three times the cost of the material.
Free digital resources can be accessed on the following websites:
Services Offered in the library include:
The services offered seek to support the college’s mission of learning the practical value of knowledge. The services will also build up individuals academically, culturally and physically and equip them with excellent skills, competencies and values that will enable them to be change agents in their industry by meeting the challenges present. The library strives to make knowledge available through such means as:
- Circulation services
- Provision of personalized reference services.
- Selective Dissemination of information
- Acquisition, organization, management, housing and preservation of collections.
- Teaching users how to find, evaluate, and use information independently as a basis for life-long learning. (Information literacy skills).
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT