- Department: Industrial Liaison Office
- Head of Department: Mr. Willis Okeyo Ouma
- Quality Industrial Placement
- Quality Industrial Assessment
The industrial liaison office is in charge of coordinating all matters related to the industrial attachment of all trainees and trainers. The office provides the linkage to the industries with any firm or organization where our trainees and trainers can acquire the necessary practical skills and knowledge that can only be learnt outside the confines of the lecture rooms.
The institution offers several courses whose final examinations are managed either internally or externally by the following examining bodies:
- Kenya national examination council (KNEC)
- Curriculum Development, Assessment and Certification Council (CDACC)
- Kasarani Technical and Vocational college (KTVC)
Attachment is a requirement and all the examining bodies mentioned above have their specific requirements on industrial attachment, but where the syllabus has not expressly said so, the office will still organize for the trainees to go for attachment at a time that suit their training needs.
The office is headed by the Industrial Liaison Officer assisted by departmental industrial liaison officers representing their academic departments
Before the trainees are sent out for industrial attachment, the department will carry out the following:
- Brief the trainees on the regulatory requirements concerning industrial attachment and what is expected of them by both the industry and the College
- Issue insurance covers to all trainees that will cover them against personal injury/accidents that might occur within the industry where they are attached
- Give open letters of introduction to the industry to all trainees which together with their own hand written applications; sent to the industry of their choice to apply for attachment opportunities.
Once the trainees have confirmed their placement to the industry, the department will organize for industrial visitation where the trainees are assessed by both our internal assessors and the industry assessor
Benefits of using the Industrial Liaison Office
- Industrial placement offers trainees the chance to learn by getting to a setting where you are supervised by a work-place professional, and have the opportunity to achieve your own learning goals, without the responsibilities of being a permanent employee.
- Industrial placement also offers you the opportunity to work with someone who can become a mentor for you – not only in the internship, but throughout your career.
- It enables the attaches to learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
- It enables the attaches the opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
- It enables the attaches to gain industrial knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals
- It gives the attaches the opportunity to apply some of the ideas learned in college and provide a bridge between the college and the professional world
- Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing to an organization
- It enables students to meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references
- It helps open the door to advice for the next steps to take in a career path
- It helps the attaches to comply with KNEC/CDACC requirements in various study areas