Electrical and electronic engineering department opened its doors to the first group of students in 2018 for diploma, certificate and artisan programme. The vision is to be a center of excellence in competence based education and training (CBET) in electrical and electronic engineering, research and innovation. The department as well as faculty of engineering has highly trained and qualified stuff complemented by equipped workshop. It is committed to give stuff and trainees an opportunity to broaden their academic experience, skills and being competitive in job market through practical work and research.
Currently, the department offers:-
- Diploma in electrical and electronics engineering (Power Option).
- Certificate in electrical and electronics engineering (Power Option).
- Artisan in electrical installation.
- Short course – electrical installation (CBET).
- Electrical installation and illumination.
- Power systems technology.
- Power electronics.
- Energy studies.