The Department of Building and Construction opened its doors to the first batch of students in 2018 with a paltry 17 students. As a department established to fastrack the upsurge of demand for competent personnel in the construction industry, it has set its sight on training, conducting research and publishing content relating to building and construction. In line with the prospects of the Competence Based Education and Training (CBET), the department has capitalized on the existence of necessary infrastructure, well trained and competent technical trainers and resourceful non-teaching staff to ensure the student acquire hands-on and theoretical skills.
Currently, we are offering courses in diploma, craft and artisans courses as follows:-
- Diploma in Building Technology.
- Craft Certificate in Building Technology .
- Craft Certificate in Plumbing
- Artisan in Plumbing.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Diploma in Water Technology and Sanitation Engineering.
The Future Prospects:-
- The department envisages to begin courses in survey studies and construction management