Guidance and Counseling Departmental Profile Preamble :
In the twenty first century, life seems to be a roller coaster as changes to what would be the norm happen ever so often. This everyday changes have had an impact on the life of every Kenyan with the youth being particularly affected. Some of this changes stem from advent of internet and social media use, drug and substance abuse, divorce and single parent families, loss of jobs among many other challenges.
It is in recognition of the impacts that these changes have in our society that Kasarani Technical and Vocational College (KTVC) formed the department of guidance and counselling to help students, staff and the entire community at large to cope and adapt to change. The department offers orientation talks to all new students at KTVC and further organizes talks, seminars, workshops and trainings for students and staff to create awareness on current and emerging issues and assist those unable to cope with these changes.
To promote the wellbeing of KTVC community by meeting guidance and counselling needs for all.
To provide excellent guidance and counselling services.
- Non judgmental.
- Offering guidance on career, educational and social matters.
- Counselling for groups and individuals as need be.
- HIV/AIDS training and VCT testing services to staff and students.
- COVID 19 and other emerging diseases awareness trainings
- Public lectures on various topics related to G & C.
- New students and staff orientation guidance.
The department hopes to start a Diploma course in Counselling Psychology